Monday, October 26, 2009

Blog: Syllabus

Hello again, good ladies, good sirs.

The introductory blog post had pretty much fulfilled its title as the introductory blog post, so in the interest of archive accuracy, here's another!

I thought that a good successor to the introductory blog post would be an explanation of some types of things that might show up on this blog - after all, a dedicated blog: reader has very little time to spare on repeat blogs. Therefore, in full academic style, I present to you the Syllabus to Warren: Blog. As a syllabus, it is to include what I expect might come up later as of now; also as a syllabus, what I am actually going to do need not conform to this whatsoever, but this is just to present an idea. Any input is fully appreciated!

I am (as of now) a freshman computer science and mathematics major at a major state university. I aspire to be a graduate professor one day and work in a national research lab. As I travel through life, I find myself in an increasing state of playful awe at the world around me; such is the life I have been so lucky to be blessed with. I enjoy a decently wide spectrum of activities (I am now part of the fencing team at my school, fencing epee) and have random fleeting thoughts.

As of now, the kinds of posts you may expect to see on this site are as follows:
-Presentations I find cool
-Typed a capella techno music
-Code snippets
-Projects
-Advertisements for family enterprises
-Advertisements for friend enterprises
-Revelations in Academia
-Musings on philosophy, language, love, life, truth, belief, and happiness
-A lot of stuff where I really don't know what I'm talking about, but one day hope to and are excited about
-Goings-on
-News, Trends, and Other Observations
-Comparisons of Products That Perform Functions You Don't Really Need
-Ideas
-Quotes
-Homemade Synthesizer Stuff
-Random How-Tos

Possible section ideas:
-Writing Snippets With Indeterminate Memes
-Everyday Moments of Awesome
-Speculation on Nonexistent Phenomena
-The Future Is Perfect: The Way It Will Have Worked

Finally, a disclaimer: I haven't started a blog before because everything I think changes very rapidly. I frequently have no idea what I'm talking about when I muse about things, but I note up front that I don't and thus that given what I do no, any buildups are likely naught but inference and speculation. However, I enjoy trying to learn about new things, so if you something I say that's wrong let me know, if you have something to add let me know, and if there's something that you like to think about - by all means, please allow us to hear it!

Again, thanks for coming to My: Blog. I hope you enjoy what is to come, and best wishes to you all!

With utmost respect and sincerity of spirit,
-Warren: Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment